June 24, 2023

Manami - my experience at Toronto Branch


We were blessed to have another visitor from Japan come to train at our dojo.

Our guest was Manami N. a schoolteacher from Tokushima Prefecture, close to Shorinji Kempo Hombu.

Here are her thoughts:

" This was my first time to join training at a dojo outside of Japan. I imagined it would be totally different to the Japanese style, but surprisingly (unexpectedly) it was a cozy, peaceful and warm place like my home dojo. Great master, John sensei and the other all members welcomed me in a very friendly way. As for technical skills, manners, importance of caring people and building myself, etc., everything was exactly same, even the lessons by teacher.

 


I was also surprised to know that many Japanese terms are used abroad in training. Although it’s hard for me to catch up, the members helped me a lot. The most impressive things are that they very passionately work on Shorinji Kempo and John sensei treasures deeply his teacher who taught him in Japan many years ago even now. They inspired me and I really admire Toronto dojo.

 

It’s sad I could only join training there for a few times, yet I appreciated the moments I spent with them. 

 

Thank you very much, and I hope to see you again.


Manami N"

 


 

Manami - all of us at Toronto Branch look forward to seeing you again either at our dojo or in Japan.

 

Genki dene!

 

Gassho